[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Instant Messaging

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Thu May 19 03:46:29 MST 2005

The idea behind this is that web services will be able to 'message you'
through a number of devices, your handset being one of them.

For example outlook may want to send you a sip message via the exchange
server, via asterisk to your handset that your 2pm meeting is 10 minutes
away.

(I've got some ideas for cooler apps but this is an easy one to explain)

So Asterisk needs to move to be able to accept these messages.

Cheers,
Dean