[Asterisk-Users] Newbie X100P question

Fabrice Delambre fabrice.delambre at free.fr
Thu May 19 02:54:09 MST 2005

Hello,

I just bought a X100P from digitnetworks.
It is supposed to be a FXO card, but there are 2 rj-11 plug on the card.
One is labelled "phone" and the other "pstn". When i plug the "pstn" on
the wall and the "phone" on my analog phone, everything (incoming and
outgoing calls) works like before (without asterisk).
AFAIU, i should have an FXS card in my box to be able to use my analog
phone, so why does it work this way ?

Second question, what is the cheapest card to use one analog phone only
(TDM400 is too expensive). I read there's a S100U which seems to be a
single FXS card, but I can't find a webshop selling it.

Thank you.