[Asterisk-Users] OT: carrying a router, firewall, switch, server, some phones with me on flight to Europe

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 23:18:59 MST 2005

> Last, I might be traveling to Europe (from US) & want to tow along
> hardware & haven't done this before & was wondering what experiences you
> have had & what tips you have. Since this is a bit off topic, feel free
> to reply & not bother the list. (I apologize for wasting everyone's
> bandwidth with this it if is too OT, but I also knew that someone could
> kill this thread in short order, I hope that happens & doesn't create a
> long thread.)

Could be useful info so I'll reply to list. I never come back to
Europe without a bunch of gadgetsn usually both in checked bags and
carry-on. (Assuming you are not travelling by ship?)

The current climate in the US at security checkpoints is ahem,
variable, but I have never had an issue stronger than "what is that?".
This last trip my suitcase was inspected, but repacked neatly and the
neither the Digium cards nor the phones suffered.

There is of course one obvious issue, that of powering your equipment
at 220V/50~ and the plug convertors if your are lucky enough to have
power supplies that do 100-250v.

hth