[Asterisk-Users] SIP Phone Recommendations?

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed May 18 20:29:40 MST 2005

Ariel Batista wrote:
> The receptionist phone is going to be a hard one. We use Flash Operator
> Panel. Works great.
>
> Now about the phones for all around great phone we are using the Polycom
> IP-500 which is in my view one of the top of the line phones.
>
> For el cheapo well we are using one that is yes cheap but also pretty good.
> Sipura 841 is filling this bill for us.
>
> As well as for some of the users where we want something a little better
> then the Sipura we use the Polycom IP-300.
>
> Ariel

Ariel,

	It's probably not a good idea to reccomend the IP 500/300 anymore.
They are being phased out by Polycom because they (and the IP 300) only
have 2mb of flash, and Polycom is looking to standardize on 4mb for
their firmware (which the IP 600 has had since day one).

	If you are going to buy a Polycom now, get an IP 600, or, wait for the
301's or 501's.  Don't say I didn't warn you!

--
Kristian Kielhofner