[Asterisk-Users] realtime versus static

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Wed May 18 18:26:44 MST 2005

>From the viewpoint of being reliable and scaleable, I'm wondering what
using realtime would really get me.

Given the number of additional things that can go wrong using
realtime, I'm thinking about just using the standard text config files
and pushing them to the asterisk servers via scp from a configuration
server.

I've also thought about keeping the configs in a database but then
exporting them into the text config files on the configuration server
then pushing them to the asterisk servers.  That would give us most of
the benefits of realtime without the downside.

Any thoughts on this?

Chris