[Asterisk-Users] Agent Queues and Sending URLs

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Wed May 18 10:13:35 MST 2005

Hi guys,

I'm testing the sending of a URL to an XLite softphone when a call is
in queue. See the output of the CLI below:

     -- Executing Queue("Zap/69-1", "q_sample|tT|http://
www.google.com/") in new stack
     -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on Zap/69-1
     -- outgoing agentcall, to agent '1000', on 'Local/
1000 at agents-1b94,1'
     -- Called Agent/1000
     -- Executing Dial("Local/1000 at agents-1b94,2", "SIP/1000|20|t")
in new stack
     -- Called 1000
     -- SIP/1000-cb3b is ringing
     -- Agent/1000 is ringing
     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/87-1'
     -- SIP/1000-cb3b answered Local/1000 at agents-1b94,2
     -- Agent/1000 answered Zap/69-1
     -- Stopped music on hold on Zap/69-1
   == Spawn extension (agents, 1000, 1) exited non-zero on 'Local/
1000 at agents-1b94,2'

It queues the application correctly. However, when the call is sent
to the agent, no URL is displayed. It is a bug in Asterisk or is it
that the XLite doesn't support it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have heard of others that have been able to do this with XLite,
although I haven't actually seen it working or any sample configs.

Thanks,
Waldo