[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - Spandsp: fax header

Jean-Yves Avenard jean-yves.avenard at hydrix.com
Wed May 18 09:48:30 MST 2005

Hi
On 19/05/2005, at 1:41 AM, Steve Underwood wrote:

> So you get the calling machine's number shown twice at the top of
> each page? Once in this extra header, and once in the normal header
> sent as part of the image? Weird. FAX machines don't normally do
> that. Does this extra header overlay a part of the page, or does it
> make the page one line longer?

It is printed in very faint characters very close to the top edge of
a page.

> Spandsp puts the calling machine's number in one of the tag fields
> in the TIFF headers. It puts several things in those tags - the
> name of the software which generated the file (spandsp), the
> hostname of the receiving computer, the far machine's ident, the
> far machine's maker and model (if they can be identified). Programs
> like tiffdump will show that information. Some image viewers also
> allow you to see it (don't ask me which ones off hand).

I just ran tiffdump on some of the tifff files received, and I can't
see the Fax ID in those :(

In the fax I sent to myself there is a "ImageDescription (270) ASCII
(2) 13" which then contain the entry i entered in the fax settings .

Thanks for the hint.

Jean-Yves

---
Jean-Yves Avenard