[Asterisk-Users] Audio flutter on OH323 output?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed May 18 06:19:35 MST 2005

Hi, I'm using OH323, mostly with success, to interface Asterisk to
a provider's switch (World Telecom INX). I have noticed a particular
effect, and I wonder whether anyone else has seen the same?

The effect is audio flutter (almost like the flutter one gets on
MF or HF radio sometimes) which only happens intermittently.
Audio coming into Asterisk is unaffected, as proved by using the
Monitor app as follows:

Phone1->PSTN->Switch-(via H.323)->Asterisk(Monitor+DISA)->Switch->PSTN->Phone2.

Intermittently, each party hears the other party's audio flutter for a few
seconds. Reviewing the recordings made by Monitor, no flutter is present,
so the incoming audio is fine.

Note that this is a direct call. I've also noticed it on MeetMe, where
it seems again that the flutter is on the audio leaving Asterisk.
Different participants may hear the flutter at different times.

The system is a dual-Xeon 3GHz running Fedora Core 3 with the STABLE
branch of Asterisk from CVS, together with oh323 0.6.5, openh323 1.13.5.3
and pwlib 1.6.6.3.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers
Tony