[Asterisk-Users] Ubuntu Migration

Matthew Walster matthew at walster.org
Tue May 17 23:54:32 MST 2005

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 07:15, snacktime wrote:
> Debian has it's own way of installing asterisk.  You should probably
> install asterisk again, then copy over only the files you need from
> your gentoo box instead of copying the whole directory over.

The only files I've changed are extensions.conf and sip.conf - the rest are
left as they are.

Just a quick listing:

[ 20050518T075145BST | waffle at wafflebox ] ( /etc/asterisk )
548 $ ls
adsi.conf           enum.conf            meetme.conf      res_config_odbc.conf
adtranvofr.conf     extconfig.conf       mgcp.conf         res_odbc.conf
agents.conf         extensions.conf      modem.conf        rpt.conf
alarmreceiver.conf  extensions.conf.old  modules.conf      rtp.conf
alsa.conf           features.conf        musiconhold.conf  sip.conf
asterisk.adsi       festival.conf        osp.conf          sip.conf.old
asterisk.conf       iax.conf             oss.conf          skinny.conf
cdr_manager.conf    iaxprov.conf         parking.conf      telcordia-1.adsi
cdr_odbc.conf       indications.conf     phone.conf        voicemail.conf
cdr_pgsql.conf      logger.conf          privacy.conf      vpb.conf
cdr_tds.conf        manager.conf         queues.conf       zapata.conf

So, if I just copy extensions.conf and sip.conf, the Debian one will work?

> Or you can install from source which is the best way IMO.

I'm sorely tempted... If you want to do my Java coursework (due in a few
days!) then sure! Otherwise, I'll just get it up and running first then do it
the proper way =)

Cheers,

Matthew Walster