[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - Spandsp: fax header

Jean-Yves Avenard jean-yves.avenard at hydrix.com
Tue May 17 16:10:09 MST 2005

Hello Steve.

On 17/05/2005, at 10:54 PM, Steve Underwood wrote:

> When a fax is received the header you see is part of the image. As
> such, it ends up in the TIFF file as part of the image. It is not
> available as text anywhere. The only way to make it available as
> text would be to implement OCR. That is complex and messy, and I
> have no intention to try. The only information sent between the FAX
> machines as text is the "identifier" - a 20 character string, which
> the standard says should be digits, and which is usually set to the
> telephone number of the FAX machine.

That's exactly what I was referring to. Is there any way to display
that in the image received?
As I wrote previously I usually don't get the sender's callerID, but
I do get  the phone number printed when receiving with a usual fax
machine. It would be nice to get this information with spandsp too

To send a fax I'm still using our Brother fax unit, works well...

Sorry for not using a new threads before... I thought about it, but
the title was correct :)

JY

---
Jean-Yves Avenard