[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Credit Card Machines

Craig asterisk at nihost.net
Tue May 17 13:31:13 MST 2005

Message: 12
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 10:48:51 -0700
From: snacktime <snacktime at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Credit Card Machines
	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

On 5/17/05, snacktime <snacktime at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/17/05, Chris Coulthurst <asterisk at shuksan.com> wrote:
> > I am planning to deploy an Asterisk server at a local restaurant and
was
> > thinking:  I hear a lot of troubles using fax machines with IP
trunks.
> > What about using Credit Card readers?  Same basic technology right?
> > slow modem to negotiate the transaction.  Does anyone have any
caveats?
> > Suggestions?
-----------------

I have tried a setup with a client using a spa-2000 to connect the
eftpos terminal & lines terminated on the local Lan to pots with
SPA-3000's (using G711).

Couldn't get it to work, found a clue that I need to kill echo
cancellation on the line when using a modem, but haven't tried it yet.

If Modems can get any sort reasonable speed through an * server I have a
number of clients with hotels that would jump at them. Biggest problem
at the moment is that guests want to use dial up in room and it doesn't
work at the moment with my * setups.

cr