[Asterisk-Users] Call Forwarding / Redirect with PRI

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Tue May 17 10:46:13 MST 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Lenwood S. Sawyer, III wrote:

> I have a PRI from Bellsouth going to my asterisk box with a Digium
> Wildcard TE110P.  I would like to be able to use call forwarding without
> having to use two channels.  Is it possible to use call redirect with a
> PRI.  Does the BRIstuff package help at all?

What flavour of switch are you connected to?

For Lucent 5ESS "2 B Channel Transfer" is implemented in libpri. I think
it will be used automatically if the conditions are suitable (no dtmf
detection going on etc).

BRIstuff provides ECT and CD which are used by EuroISDN. These are called
explicitly from the dialplan, not automatically like the 2BCT above.

Peter