[Asterisk-Users] multiple sip accounts from same sip registrar

Matt Scott matt at mgsnet.co.uk
Tue May 17 09:59:49 MST 2005

Dear all,

I have an asterisk sip issue which I don't believe is unique.
I use a registrar (sipgate.co.uk) where I have 3 different accounts.
These accounts provide me with three seperate local phone numbers which allow me to allocate them to seperate users.
By using just one of these accounts I can set asterisk up to send and receive calls no problem.
However, when I start to introduce an additional account I start to run into problems.

if I do a 'sip show peers' with a good config I think it may outline the problem

sip show peers
Name/username              Host            Dyn Nat ACL Mask             Port     Status
1005/1005                  (Unspecified)    D          255.255.255.255  0        Unmonitored
1004/1004                  (Unspecified)    D          255.255.255.255  0        Unmonitored
1003/1003                  (Unspecified)    D          255.255.255.255  0        Unmonitored
1002/1002                  10.0.0.52        D          255.255.255.255  5060     Unmonitored
1001/1001                  10.0.0.51        D          255.255.255.255  5060     Unmonitored
sipgate1/321****           217.10.79.219        N      255.255.255.255  5060     OK (52 ms)

I think it maybe a host specific ip address which must be in a table somewhere in asterisk.
I have tried setting it up as a peer and dynamic but still no joy.

Is there a limitation to this within asterisk. I have provided a sip.conf below (adjusted), will I need to implement a SER box (more things to learn which is all good provided it sorts my problem)

[general]
port = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
disallow=all