[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Fax

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Tue May 17 08:52:36 MST 2005

Hi,

I have read a lot about the thread of faxing support in Asterisk as
well as spanDSP. However, either I don't fully understand other
people's applications or may be what I'm trying to do is different
from what others are trying to do.

I have a very simple setup. I have an asterisk server with a TE110P
connected to the PSTN via T1 PRI (Asterisk A). I have another
asterisk server with a TDM40B board with 4 FXS ports (Asterisk B)
where I have an actual physical fax machine connected to one of these
ports. These two machines are in two separate locations connected via
a point-to-point T1 circuit. What I wish to do is program a DID on
the T1 so that when the call comes into Asterisk A on that DID, it
will be routed via IAX2 to Asterisk B, which will in turn patch the
call through the FXS port where the fax is connected. Obviously, I
also wish to be able to send faxes in a similar opposite direction.

Is this possible with Asterisk? Will it work?

Thanks,
Waldo