[Asterisk-Users] CLI and DNIS presented to Analog extension

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 17 06:31:41 MST 2005

Asterisk (or at least Asterisk - Stable) will not present DNIS to the CLI.
If the number originally dialled is redirected then you will see the
redirected number presented rather than the original one.  The original
number appears to be present in libpri but doesn't seem to make it into
asterisk itself where it can be read.  I had some numbers in Adelaide that
were diverted to Perth - When someone calls the Adelaide number I don't see
the Adelaide number, instead asterisk will only make available to me the
Perth number that it has been redirected to.

The original number is still in there somewhere though, cause if I take the
call and forward it back out the PRI to a dialogic based system it reports
DNIS as the Adelaide number rather than the Perth number.  It had me puzzled
for a while til I worked it out.

Craig