[Asterisk-Users] Failed to grab lock, trying again...

Silviu Herchi silviu.herchi at arcelor.com
Tue May 17 06:16:07 MST 2005

Hi everybody,

Recently my Asterisk server started to behave strangely: in some cases (hard
to diagnose and reproduce), the SIP module stops responding, and the log is
filled with messages "Failed to grab lock, trying again..." (about a hundred
messages or so per second).

This often happens at the end of a SIP call (right after "== Spawn extension
(SipExtension, 029156044, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/7001-717b'" for
instance). Sometimes the message is logged a few times, then the SIP modules
stays alive, at other times it seems to go into a loop and writes the
message endlessly to the log (I have to kill the process to make it stop).

Any idea?

Thank you,

Silviu