[Asterisk-Users] Warning[3817] and REGISTER

Romain Barrallon montanista at gmail.com
Mon May 16 19:50:31 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm a student working on an implementation of asterisk en linux (red hat 9.0).
I'm trying to register a sip softphone (XLite) en asterisk en local.
I have 2 problems :

- When I execute asterisk there is a warning and a noise in the headphones :
May 16 22:12:22 WARNING[3817]: chan_oss.c:269 sound_thread: Read error on sound
device: Resource temporarily unavailable

Does it come from the driver of the sound card ?

- The softphone seems to send the good REGISTER SIP request but never
get an answer and doesn't appears in asterisk list (sip show
registry). The sip server adress is good (localhost) and the sip port
is the same for asterisk and xlite (5060).

What could be the problem ?

Thanks for helpìng me,

Romain

--
Romain Barrallon
- Etudiant en Télécommunications, Services et Usages à l'INSA de Lyon (France)