[Asterisk-Users] Outbound Faxes with spandsp

Matthew junkmailtrapenator at gmail.com
Mon May 16 12:53:16 MST 2005

This is what I'm trying to set up:
Incoming:
PRI-->Cisco VG200-->Cisco Call Manager 3.34 -->(over h.323)--> Asterisk Box
Outgoing:
Asterisk Box -->(over h.323)--> Cisco Call Manager 3.34 --> Cisco VG200 --> PRI

The incoming part seems to work great.

The outgoing part does not work quite so well. The pages that go
through end up being of random lengths. From what I've been reading
the most likely cause is frame slips and timing issues. Given the set
up how would I go about correcting the timing. I haven't been able to
find much on how to fix it. I realize that faxing over IP can be
problematic, but why would incoming work, but not outgoing?