[Asterisk-Users] Pass variable to Authenticate?

Dana Olson rickaster at gmail.com
Mon May 16 12:25:46 MST 2005

I'm trying to figure out a way to make my own agent login, because I
don't like how the default works.

I have the login and logout working fine using the dynamic add and
remove commands, but I need to be able to create a list of users and
passwords.

I thought of a way to do it using a list of passwords, but the agent
would only ever be prompted for their password. I won't want that.

Basically, what I want to do is this:

Read in the username, ex. 4567
Read in the password, ex. 1234
Pass 12344567 to the Authenticate command, which checks in the file
for that password.

I can't figure out a way to do it, and it may not even be possible.

Is there another way to do it? Can I somehow utilize the DBget and
DBput commands? I couldn't find much info on it in the wiki, and my
impression is that I have to use only the blacklist or cidname
databases.

Any ideas would be helpful.
--
Dana