[Asterisk-Users] IAX jitter

Marty Mastera marty at m3resources.com
Mon May 16 12:00:29 MST 2005

________________________________

	Steven Langley wrote:

		Hi there

		I have a question regarding IAX jitter. I have 3 users
on a LAN dialing into a Meetme conference on an Asterisk box which is
also hosted on the LAN. I have set jitterbuffer = no and tos = lowdelay.
Now, for 2 of the users the audio is fine, but for the 3rd user there is
intermittent break up in the audio when they are receiving. I have had a
look at "iax2 show channels" and for the first 2 users (those with no
audio problems), the Jitter is low (0006ms), and the Lag is relatively
high (00070ms). For the 3rd user (the one with audio breaking up), the
Jitter is relatively high (0627ms) and the Lag is relatively low
compared to the others (00012ms).

		All of the users are on the same LAN, so can't quite
understand the differences.

		Any explanations / ideas would be much welcome.

		Thanks

		Steven

	I'm having the same issue; I'd love to know how to actually
diagnose the issue.
	I assume there is somewhere on the voip-info.org wiki about
this?

	JD

I'm in the same boat, although I'm only using IAX2 for connectivity to
my provider.  The phones themselves are SIP, but some users (really
should be read all users, but at different times) experience bad audio -
described as "cutting-out" from the remote party.  My user is heard
correctly by the remote party but the remote party is bad to my user.
Doesn't seem to matter whether it's inbound or outbound.

Marty