[Asterisk-Users] SIP Gerenal settings conufsion

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Mon May 16 09:54:10 MST 2005

I want to add to this question as this seems relevant here. My question
corresponds to sip.conf, iax.conf and [globals] in extensions.conf. My
questions are as under:

1) Can we have two general sections - one in sip.conf and another one in
one of the included additional sip extension files, like the example
below? How will the following affect the calls?

Ex:
;sip.conf
[general]
port = 5060           ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0    ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context = from-sip-internal; Default SIP context
#include sip_nat.conf
#include sip_additional.conf

;sip_nat.conf
[general]
port = 5060           ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
host=dynamic
nat=yes

;sip_additional.conf
[general]
port = 5060           ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0    ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
allow=g729
nat=never

;extensions.conf
[globals]
; globals
VOICEPULSE => IAX2/xyzd:123d12 at gwiaxt01.voicepulse.com
PSTN => Zap/1
CALLER_ID=7328106707
; Which phones to ring for various users
RING_Seshu => SIP/6005
MAX_RINGTIME => 15
RINGSECS => 20
LONGTIMEOUT => 60
#include extensions_additional.conf
/* End of Extensions.conf */

/* Beginning of extensions_additional.conf */
;extensions_additional.conf
[globals]
RINGTIMER = 30
REGTIME = 7:55-17:05
REGDAYS = mon-fri
RECORDEXTEN = ""
PARKNOTIFY = SIP/200
OUT_3 = ZAP/g0
OUT_2 = IAX2/nypbx
OUT_1 = SIP/SIP_USA
FAX_RX_EMAIL = seshu at xyz.net

Are the above valid? If so how will they affect the values of different
parameters when the user contects of a specific  file is being served?

Seshu Kanuri