[Asterisk-Users] Giving user progress in an voice menu system

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno-co.org
Mon May 16 07:52:15 MST 2005

Hi Josiah

Thanks for the info.  What I decided to do instead was to modify my own
macro so I could pass the ring type to it.  It may have helped me had I
remembered that the default config comes with a dial macro, but then
probably not, as I rewrite things all the time.

I like to reinvent the wheel.

Anyway, I didn't think much about it at the time, because the problem
got solved, but I'll post my macro here in case it's useful to anybody
else.  Keep in mind it's fairly limited in scope, and it depends on
outside variables that are common throughout my extensions.conf file.  I
can't see it being terribly useful for anybody here, but what do I know?

[macro-ext]
;; ${ARG1} is the sip channel to dial, ${ARG2} is the dial type.
;;Most times, that's simply a ring.  For the menu system, I have it play
music on hold while it tries an extension.
exten => s,1,Dial(${IN_CHAN}/${ARG1}|${IN_TO}|${IN_OPT}${ARG2})

exten => s,2,VoiceMail(su${ARG1})
exten => s,3,Hangup

exten => s,102,VoiceMail(sb${ARG1})
exten => s,103,Hangup