[Asterisk-Users] Re: zaptel.conf in /etc not /etc/asterisk - historical reason?

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Mon May 16 05:47:41 MST 2005

On 13:24, Mon 16 May 05, David John Walsh wrote:
> Thanks for getting back to me,
>
> the only reason that I see to move it (and more importantly to move it
> to /etc/asterisk)
> is that I am intending to use DRDB to make the machines as identical
> as possible, and to ensure that the configs of the two machines are
> kept in-sync.
>
> My mount points for the 3 replicated drives were going to be
> /etc/asterisk
> /var
> and /home (or /users)
>
> I cant replicate /etc as things need to be different in some of its
> child directories (init.d and sysconf are two) (although I guess I
> could as I'm not intending to replicate /var/spool/ and thats below
> var)
>
> If zaptel.conf moves to /etc/asterisk, it keeps my replication simpler
> than adding lots of mount points
>
> nb - DRDB is a replication technology (laymans term I know) (commonly
> used with linux-ha)
>
> I agree it doesn't belong in /etc/asterisk, but its convient,
> especially since I know of no other "application" that interfaces with
> it :)

Move it to /etc/zaptel/zaptel.conf and make a symlink to it
in /etc. That way you can sync /etc/zaptel and also be sure
no application fails because of the missing file.
--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."