[Asterisk-Users] Custom SIP messages

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon May 16 02:48:52 MST 2005

snacktime wrote:
> Two questions actually.
>
> First, is there a way to trigger an action based on a particular SIP
> message, such as an ACK response to an INVITE and a BYE message?
Not without changing source code.

> Secondly, if #1 is possible, is there a way to have it trigger a
> custom SIP message to another SIP server?
No.

> Assuming this isn't possible, what would be the simplest way to create
> this functionality?
Changing source code, but that has to be done in a way so it's not
SIP specific.

> I'm toying with the idea of using such a method to send call detail
> information to a separate accounting server at a remote location.
Over SIP? That's a new use of SIP to me... And just because we have a
SIP bye doesn't necessarily mean that the Asterisk CALL has ended...

Check the functions for sending text from the dialplan and sipaddheader
stuff in CVS head. Sending text messages can however only be done within
the context of a call currently.

/O