[Asterisk-Users] Do sipura 200 and linksys pap2 ATAs send their mac address in REGISTER message?

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Sun May 15 20:00:07 MST 2005

Last time I checked, the MAC address is not transmitted in any SIP
message. The only way I can think of getting the MAC address if the
device is remote (not on the same LAN) is by having the ATA to send a
provisioning request with its MAC address and then match them up. Not
fool proof, especially behind NAT...

--Luki