[Asterisk-Users] FXO/FXS suggestions:

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Sun May 15 19:53:11 MST 2005

snacktime wrote:

>>I wish I could find out for sure how well the spa-3000 FXO works with *
>>and same for the Grandstream Handytone 488. I need FXO-SIP conversion in
>>places where I don't need a PC.
>>

>What in particular are you concerned about?  I've done some pretty
>strange stuff with the spa-3000 and it works great.   You just have to
>learn how to configure it.
>
>Haven't used the handytone yet.
>
>Chris

Does it work about as well as a PCI FXO interface? I have places where I
have already linked facilities with ptp T1 or frame relay. I don't want
to build a * server just to tie 1 or 2 pots lines to a * PBX back at the
main location. I also have customers who buy dells with service
contracts but leave os and all to me. I don't want to add PCI cards to
those dells.

Do you have the clout to get a handytone for evaluation and not have
salespeople calling you every day to ask how it's going? :)