[Asterisk-Users] 911 Options

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun May 15 15:17:53 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 15:55 -0600, Ira Burton wrote:
> I am curious if anybody has pointers on the best way to get the 7
> digit PSAP number for an area.  I am thinking about making a '911'
> extension that will dial the PSAP number, wait for the PSAP to answer
> and play a message giving the address of the originating call, and
> replay the the information every three minutes.  I am concerned what
> may happen if my children try to dial 911 in an emergency but do not
> yet know our address.

You can buy them on CD, however to do E911 you have to have a special
trunk to the switch that the PSAP is off of, which transmits the E parts
of E911 not just the audio.

Where to buy them I dont know offhand, I do specifically recall seeing
pages that sold national CDs (how adt, onstar, even other PSAPs contact
a specific PSAP when needed).

I do remember that I was googling psap administrators and other such
things.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402