[Asterisk-Users] SIP Gerenal settings conufsion

Jeffrey Starin jeffs at speakeasy.net
Sun May 15 11:02:51 MST 2005

I have a little confusion about the general settings (other than the
register values) in the SIP
General area. I understand that for examle in a SIP context like [FWD]
or [BROADVOICE]
the entries in those areas are ths settings that take effect in any
 communication woth FWD and/or BROADVOICE.  However, I'm confused as to
the purpose of the
"general" settings -- to what or which connection do they apply?  Since
 the context suggested for the general settings is something like
 "nothing" to avoid unwanted sip calls, I'm confused as to the purposse
of values in the general section since all parameters for communications
with VOIP providers is contained in the contexts such as I specified
above, i.e., [FWD] or for example [BROADVOICE].  Can someone shed some
light on that for me?

Thanks,