[Asterisk-Users] MusicOnHold "zombie" mpg123 processes

Fri May 13 21:31:13 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 23:12 -0500, Lane wrote:

> Now if I could just get it to play the next song for the next call, instead of
> starting at the first song each time ...

Actually, by default, it will *continue* playing from where it left off.
I think the concept suits a busy PBX, where you are likely to ALWAYS
have one or more people on hold at the same time, yet you will only be
translating from mp3 -> slinear once... even if you had 100 calls on
hold at the same time....

I have heard there are other systems, but haven't read up on them much,
check around the wiki and google, and I am sure something will come
up...

Regards,
Adam