[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - fax - spandsp

Jean-Yves Avenard jean-yves.avenard at hydrix.com
Fri May 13 18:27:53 MST 2005

On 14/05/2005, at 3:59 AM, Colin Anderson wrote:

> Run ZTTEST in /usr/src/zaptel. Your output should be 99.98XXX% or
> higher. If it isn't the corruption is most likely because of IRQ
> misses by the card. Run it for a couple of minutes. Your "worst"
> should be 99.98XXX%. Subtle timing errors and IRQ misses that are
> not audible will screw up a fax. Also timing errors on your PRI are
> another cause. You have to ensure your card is recieving timing
> correctly by the telco. and your span is set up appropriately to
> reflect that.
>
> Ensure the usual things are true: turn off any service you do not
> absolutely need, disable Hyperthreading in the CPU, turn off any
> device that you do not need, such as sound card, USB interface,
> serial ports, parallell ports, everything you can think of is off.

I ran zttest:
and got:
--- Results after 347 passes ---
Best: 100.000000 -- Worst: 99.987793

I would say that 2/3rd of the tests were 100%.

I tried using the old stable spandsp library: 0.0.1k, but the results
were even worse ; only the first 3 or 4 cm of the received fax were
correct.

I will try upgrading to a newer kernel (I'm using Fedora Core 2 with
2.6.8 kernel), turn off hyper-threading and see if it makes any
difference...

Jean-Yves

---
Jean-Yves Avenard