[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk extensions from Mysql

Chris Coulthurst asterisk at shuksan.com
Fri May 13 13:01:49 MST 2005

If you are using a newer version of mysql, you might have run in to the
same problem that I did with passwords.  Apparently newer MySQL versions
changed the way that passwords are hashed, and I had to tell it to use
the old has instead.  Using the MySQL console I made a change not unlike
this:

\u mysql;
update user set Password=OLDPASSWORD('passwordgoeshere') where
User='asterisk';
flush privileges;

This assumes the User you created was 'asterisk'

Also, make sure that the mysql.sock file is where it thinks it is.  It
could be in /tmp, or it could be somewhere else.   If it isn't where its
supposed to be, set its location in /etc/my.cnf, and comment out the
location in /etc/asterisk/

Chris Coulthurst
 <mailto:chris at shuksan.com> chris at shuksan.com