[Asterisk-Users] voip encryption options

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri May 13 11:34:03 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 11:26 -0700, snacktime wrote:
> Maybe this helps with what type of solution I am looking for.
>
> The company I work for runs a credit card payment gateway.  We are
> creating a hosted pbx solution where callers will need to enter a
> credit card number.  Whatever solution we used would require that
> whoever runs the pstn gateway encrypt their traffic at that point
> before sending it to us.
>
> At the same time I'm also looking at the possibility of putting in our
> own pstn gateway if I can't find a vendor solution.

Global crossing and verisign both use a VPN to route the call data (sip
and media streams) to you.  Verisign is really only for larger
installations, afaik they dont offer small account service, and
primarily they cater to CLECs but that is not a requirement according to
a tech at verisign.

CLEC certification is not a speedy thing, so if you were planning on
launching this app in less than 6 months (assuming you hired a good
person to assist you in filing the 132094190419 bits of paperwork and
all) then it would not make sense.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402