[Asterisk-Users] Is there a product to simulate a PRI trunk?

Charlie Watts cwatts at mercurypay.com
Fri May 13 11:28:52 MST 2005

That is incorrect, you need a crossover cable to go directly between two
T1 jacks if the Telco isn't in the middle. A T1/E1 crossover cable swaps
pins 1&2 with 4&5.

For PRI, configure one end as pri_net, and the other end as pri_cpe.

Works just fine. Lots and lots of folks do this. Channel banks, legacy
phone systems, multiple asterisk systems, modem servers.