[Asterisk-Users] Interrupting voicemail with "*", dropping to"a" extension. Does it work?

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Fri May 13 11:27:18 MST 2005

Well I finally got it working but the solution doesn't make sense to me.

If you send a user to voicemail as such:

[stdexten]
exten => 1234,1,Dial(1234,20)
exten => 1234,2,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(u1234)

When the user presses "*" (or 0 if you have that set), they are returned
in the context "voicemail", NOT [stdexten] ! The call is NEVER in the
context "voicemail" so why would it return there? All I can think of is
it conflicts with the command Voicemail in some way...

So to make "*" work you must have:

[voicemail]
exten => a,1,VoiceMailMain()

Does this make sense to anyone?