[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - fax - spandsp

Jean-Yves Avenard jean-yves.avenard at hydrix.com
Fri May 13 10:28:35 MST 2005

Dear all

I have a Asterisk server (version 1.0.7) running with a TE110P card
on a 3Ghz P4 machine (running nothing else but asterisk)
So far so good.

Today I was trying to receive faxes using spandsp fax client.
I used spandsp v0.0.2pre18 (which compiled against libtiff 3.5.7)

It compiled fine, installed fine, run fine.

But when sending a fax (from a Brother fax machine) the image
received is always corrupted: lines are missing, segments of the
faxed page aren't there etc...

I could attach an example (it's 40KB) but I wasn't sure that the
rules of the asterisk-user DL forbid attachment.

In your experience, is this something to expect or should the fax
received be complete?
Is there any other fax package out there to receive a fax and send it
through email?

Thank you for your help
Jean-Yves

---