[Asterisk-Users] Re: chan_capi, chan_misdn and chan_modem

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Fri May 13 08:22:52 MST 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Frank Sautter wrote:
> hello armin,
>
> > I also was thinking about an application for receiving fax over CAPI, but
> > I'm not yet familiar with the current asterisk fax support, so I need to
> > learn more here. Maybe some else can inlight me here...
>
> chan_capi currently supports receiving and sending of faxes utilizing the
> onboard DSPs of the eicon cards.
> please look for the neccessary patches at:
> http://www.levigo.de/VoIP/chan_capi-0.3.5-cvs-HEAD-patch.tar.bz2

That is exactly what I was thinking about.
I did not have a close look into the patch yet, but this archive seems to be
incomplete. Only changed files are part of the patch, but the real
app_capiFax.c is missing. The patch was obviously created without the '-N'
option of diff.
Can you please check that?
Anyway, I think this should be part of the chan_capi package.

I will wait for klaus-peter's release of 0.4.0, before starting with new
things. So the CAPI on kernel 2.6 problem is on top now...

Armin