[Asterisk-Users] How to decrease Asterisk load

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Fri May 13 07:51:19 MST 2005

Mamadou Lamine KA wrote:
> Should I believe that at this time there is no DSP capable cards working
> with Asterisk?

That is correct as far as I know.  The entire DESIGN of Asterisk is to
do the DSP work in software.  Rumor has it that Digium is coming out
with a DSP version of their cards (or a DSP addon board), but it will be
expensive, like all DSP based boards are.  Since they are not actually
shipping it yet, this is all speculation.

> ----- Original Message ----- i

Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-210-3699 x2120