[Asterisk-Users] Current status of voicemail monitoring?

Nathan Pralle tarsi at binhost.com
Fri May 13 07:13:50 MST 2005

Hi all.

I'm curious as to the current status and development of a way to monitor
incoming voicemail in Asterisk.  IE:  The "screen calls with the
answering machine" feature -- the ability to listen to and break into a
currently-recording voicemail if you want to.

This feature would be very helpful for our application.  I've seen
various things in the archives about this but none where someone has
said, "Yeah, we have this, it works."  Does anyone have a current
implementation of this and/or a reasonable alternative, and how did you
do it?

Thanks much for the help.

Nathan