[Asterisk-Users] ISDN Clock Source

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri May 13 05:16:37 MST 2005

> I apologise in advance if this is a silly question, as "legacy"
> telephone technologies are really not my forte.
>
> Is there an E1 card that can provide clock source? (E.g. Make my
> asterisk server look like a telco to my legacy PBX system?).
>
> What I am trying to achieve is the following:
>

> --ISDN-------| Asterisk |-------ISDN--------| Legacy PBX |--

All E1's and T1's have an embedded clock in the transmit side of
the circuit. There is no way to turn it off or on; its part of the
spec.

You choose whether you want to "use" the provided clocking when you
configure the hardware on the end of the E1/T1. For zaptel cards,
see the examples in /etc/zaptel.conf.