[Asterisk-Users] IAX to FWD?

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Fri May 13 01:15:54 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 12:40 -0600, Tim Pushor wrote:
> I had trouble calling people who were using FWD/SIP from my FWD/IAX
> account. I switched back to using SIP and could call SIP users, but not
> IAX users. I've since de-registered myself for the IAX *beta* and can
> now talk to everyone again.

I noticed something similar. My Asterisk box just uses FWD:SIP. I have
two hardware capable IAX phones, couldn't get SIP to work on them (NAT
problems) so tried IAX.... which worked fine from the phones to my box,
but they could not call each other.. The IAX phones are in different
countries/continents on different ADSL services (Parents, Brother - etc)

Assumption - two IAX devices both registered at FWD can not talk to each
other.

ps - how does one set up a Proxy - so machines on foreign NATs can talk?

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa.  e.164 VOIP ready
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE