[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Polycom SP 500 and Cisco PIX

Eduardo Jimenez ejimenez at jps-usa.com
Thu May 12 21:02:47 MST 2005

We are using what came with the phones...if I understand this well,
there are two versions. One is the actual firmware, which I think is
1.3.1, and the other is the BootROM? That would be 2.5.0.

I was planning on updating the firmware anyway this weekend when the
guys actually configuring the system come in, but wanted to make sure
everything on my side was running smoothly so that we would waste
less valuable weekend time.

One more thing, woud bootp support have anything to do with it? Cisco
PIX supports DHCP but not BOOTP (it will not respond to BOOTP queries
according to Cisco http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/
iaabu/pix/pix_62/config/pixclnt.htm). I see a whole bunch of
references to BOOTP but the Polycom manuals are somewhat superficial
in the network related stuff so that one is not able to draw any
conclusions from it.

Thanks,

Eduardo Jimenez