[Asterisk-Users] Queue/Agent recording and configuration

Thu May 12 19:28:49 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 11:15 +1000, Jennifer Hales wrote:
> Does anyone know a way around my problem?
> The call is from a queue. I need to know how to play a message to the
> customer (terms & conditions) keep the agent with the call while a
> message is played and record only a small portion of the call (the
> callers acceptance of the terms and conditions).

Well, the way I see this done normally is using some sort of PC
application which uses the manager API to transfer both the customer and
agent to a conference, add another extension (ie,
playback(terms)/record/hangup) and then the agent and customer are the
only two left in the conference.

The only other comment I have is that if you only record the customer
saying "I agree" and not what they are agreeing to, then how is that
proof of anything???

Mind you, in these days, it wouldn't be so hard to cut 'n' paste a
different 'terms' into the recording anyway, so I dunno how much legal
standing these things have....

Regards,
Adam