[Asterisk-Users] Status of FAX

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Thu May 12 17:41:52 MST 2005

Justin I just recalled, yes I was able to install it on Gentoo but using
CVS version *-1.0.7 I had a problem with SIP DTMF (apparently bug in
asterisk since ver.1.0.6-up, not sure if it was fixed already).  So I
went back to Gentoo 1.0.5 as I don't have much experience
downgrading/upgrading using CVS.  Besides, if I use CVS I have to take
care of all the dependency manually, if I use portage with Gentoo
everything is taken care automatically.  If something brakes during
Gentoo upgrade (any dependency) I'm stuck so I would rather stay with
Gentoo version then using CVS.  So I would need to compile it
manipulating Gentoo ebuild (in which I don't have much experience).

This bug it was even mentioned on dev-mailing list under topic: "Dev
call 1.2 release discussion"
------
Minor Bug - Inband DTMF Signalling Behavior
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=3847
------

#Joseph

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 16:25 -0700, Justin Newman wrote:
> Joseph,
>
> Are you still having problems with NVFaxDetect and NVBackgroundDetect on
> Gentoo? Give me a call or e-mail me. It works on nearly every distro we've
> evaluated.
>
> Justin Newman
> jnewman at newmantelecom.com
> Newman Telecom, Inc.
>
> > Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:15:01 -0600
> > From: Joseph <syscon at interbaun.com>
> > Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Status of FAX
> >
> > On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 14:18 -0600, mmiranda at americatel.com.sv wrote:
> > > Hi people, what is the current status of send/receive fax on asterisk
> > > extensions, i dont want to receive the fax and send an email
> orviceversa, i
> > > want to connect a standard fax machine to a Linksys' ATA (FXS RJ11 port)
> .
> > > Webdoc?, pointers?
> > > Thanks
> >
> > I would like to do the same (not interested with fax to email), just
> > would like to receive and send a fax on an extension using hylafax or
> > standard fax.
> >
> > There is a perfect solution called NVBackgroundDetect application (that
> > you need to compile yourself); as I don't know when will it appear as a
> > standard feature on stable version.
> >
> > I've tried on Gentoo but didn't have much luck.
> >
> > --
> > #Joseph

#Joseph