[Asterisk-Users] VoiceBlue GSM

Chad Wicker cwicker at petrocom.com
Thu May 12 15:08:50 MST 2005

I for one am interested.  What band and what Output power. Maybe a spec
sheet?  I'm looking for 850 GSM.

Chad C. Wicker
Systems Engineer
Petrocom

>>> ht at phonitel.com 5/12/2005 9:49:30 AM >>>
Hi,

> > That is interesting. What is the make and the model that you are
> > referring to? Is there a website with more info?

As for the models, we sell them as OEM. You may contact me offlist if
interested. Better priced and more powerful than existing devises out
there.

> > I currently use Quescom IP400 GSM but they are expensive (although
they
> > support up to 12 GSM channels).

Quescomm, are good but have drawback. 12 SIMs model you need to unscrew
change the SIMs. This is not very practical. I recommand other brands
like
Vierling, who are more practical in everyday life of a corporate grade
carrier
devise.

> Can these GSM modules work as proxies so when you are local your GSM
> handset can be used on the VoIP network?  When you walk away from
the
> nanocell/picocell transmitter it autoswitches to the real provider.

The idea is brilliant. I haven't seen such product on market. Tellular
have
something similar, but you still need some workout. I have other
solution for
this functionality: In europe you can have two SIMs for same phone
number. In
Belgium for instance (proxi-Duo).

Then, you plug one SIM in the GSM Gateway and another one in the GSM
devise.
When you get home you switch your GSM and automatically the other sIM
becomes
active, when you walk away you switch your GSM phone on and it will
automatically become active.

> The way GSM auth works this technically would not be that difficult
> do, and infact there is equipment that does not interface to
anything
> that does proxy call setup/tear down info (IMSI catchers for
example),
> so what I am asking for is not that far out.

Some GSM network operators do this. Last SIM registered is one to be
considered
and others become inactive.

> This would also make it easier for call shops, set up one of these
and
> people can use their mobile as a voip phone.

Hmm. What is added value of customers using their cell phone in
callshops? They
have walked all the way long to reach the place. You may explain
further

In the office your GSM
> calls are sent to asterisk to your desk phone and/or your mobile,
> outbound calls go over asterisk for least cost routing, etc.  But
the
> handset is your mobile (and in theory on your person at all times).
>
> If anyone knows of a device that integrates to asterisk that does
that I
> would *greatly* appreciate hearing from you regarding a vendor,
> make/model, even a supplier.  If you are a supplier I grant you
> permission to use my contact info to directly contact me about that
> issue only so long as you dont add me to any lists.

Other idea is that poeple

> Thanks
>
> --
> Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
> UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
> US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
> FreeWorldDialup: 635378

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: