[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with ShoreTel 210 (MGCP)

Ben Dugdale ben at apachecounty.net
Thu May 12 13:19:37 MST 2005

Okay, so I'm a noob.

Asterisk looks very promising, so I say "thanks" and "good job" to all who
contribute.

My * test box is up and running with soft phones using IAX and SIP, so now I'm
on to testing hard phones.

I borrowed a couple ShoreTel 210 phones from somebody who had them on hand but
they only support MGCP.  I see that there's an mgcp.conf in /etc/asterisk/ but
it's not very commented an I'm having trouble getting these phones to work
(tried voip-info.org and google for info of course).

A couple mailing list posts that I dug up with google lead me to wonder if MGCP
requires some sort of a switching device.  Also the first example in the
mgcp.conf seems to be a D-Link gateway and my error message is gateway related.

Can MGCP phones work directly with Asterisk?

mgcp.conf:
[general]

[192.168.90.209]
host = 192.168.90.209
context = default
canreinvite = no
line => aaln/1

Phone Config:
MGC: 192.168.90.6 ; My * box
IP: 192.168.90.209

Error message:
May 12 11:35:56 NOTICE[15257]: chan_mgcp.c:1509 find_subchannel: Gateway
'192.168.90.209' (and thus its endpoint 'SHOR_001049007E83') does not exist

Thanks!
--
Ben Dugdale <ben at apachecounty.net>
Network Administrator