[Asterisk-Users] "Called" ID on local extensions

McQuiggan, Mark xt46480 Mark_McQuiggan at adp.com
Thu May 12 11:50:45 MST 2005

In the Avaya PBX, when a person calls a local extension within the PBX
network, the caller is provided with the called person's name on his/her
call display (I suppose that this could be called "Called ID").  For
example, if I called Joe Blow from my extension 46480 by dialling 41234, I
would see "Joe Blow - 41234" (the Called ID) on my call display after a
pause, and Joe would see "Mark McQuiggan - 46480".

Is this possible on Asterisk using SIP phones (x-ten Eyebeam or Polycom)?
At present, if I did the same as above on an Eyebeam, Joe Blow would see my
name and extension, but I would see 41234 at 10.10.10.10.   All documentation
that I have read deals with Caller ID.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Mark McQuiggan

_
attachments from your system.