[Asterisk-Users] How to decrease Asterisk load

Mike Holloway asterisk-users at citrini.com
Thu May 12 11:20:17 MST 2005

One thing I do is use rawplayer instead of mpg123 for music-on-hold
playback, so that mp3's don't have to be decompressed in realtime.  See
the wiki for details on using sox to convert your audio samples to raw
format, and how to configure musiconhold.conf to use rawplayer to play
these files.

-mike