[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Can't be unlocked

John Mensel jmensel at concepttechnologyinc.com
Thu May 12 09:26:18 MST 2005

Odd problem here--I just got a couple of Cisco 7960s from Ebay that are not
functioning as expected......

These 7960s can't seem to be unlocked for manual configuration via any
mechanism that I can find.  If you go to settings, there is no option 9
(unlock).  Available options stop at 4 (Status).  **# has no effect.

The Phones report that thier current firmware version is 3.1 MF.G2.

When plugged into a known good DHCP/TFTP server, the phones will *sometimes*
get a DHCP lease that is reflected in Settings>>>Network Configuration, but
at no point will they grab new firmware via TFTP.  DHCP server logs show the
phones trying acquire a lease and then immediately requesting a new one.

If anyone has encountered a similar situation, please advise.

Thanks,

John Mensel