[Asterisk-Users] Status of FAX

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Thu May 12 05:15:41 MST 2005

Hi Chris,
Sorry you missed the point.

What I meant to say was yes there are already services out there that
can deliver fax from the internet to a pstn service almost anywhere in
the world.

Jfax does exactly this, you upload the faxes over the internet using
their client and then they distribute these faxes to their local pops
around the world then they use pstn services to deliver them locally.

They had a real business case in the era before email and when idd calls
where expensive (one company I worked for spent thousands with them
every month faxing international orders etc but cheaper than using
Telecom Australia's idd rates).

Like I said, my point being there are already ways to do what you are
asking Jfax being one of them.

Hope that makes more sense now.

Cheers,
Dean