[Asterisk-Users] Kphone-->asterisk<--Kphone

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Thu May 12 04:52:24 MST 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 12:01:17PM +0530, Sudhananda wrote:

> I am running asterisk on one linux PC and want to talk through this server using Kphone installed on  2 different PC's. These are the extra lines added to sip.conf and extensions.conf respectively.
>
> sip.conf
>
> [jitha]
> type=friend
> host=dynamic
> secret=jitha
> context=sip
> dtmfmode=inband
>
> [sudhananda]
> type=friend
> host=dynamic
> secret=sudhananda
> context=sip

This is what I use for kphone and it works fine:
[kphone]
type=friend                   ; either "friend" (peer+user), "peer" or "user"
host=dynamic             ; we have a static but private IP address
callerid="kphone" <25>
dtmfmode=inband                 ; either RFC2833 or INFO for the BudgeTone
context=internal
disallow=all                  ; need to disallow=all before we can use allow=
allow=ulaw                    ; Note: In user sections the order of codecs

> extensions.conf
>
> [sip]
> exten=>1,1,Dial(SIP/jitha,20,tr)
> exten=>2,1,Dial(SIP/sudhananda,20,tr)
>
> Both the Kphones got registered to the asterisk but when i dial the number it gives me the following log on asterisk
>
> Asterisk Ready.
>   *CLI>
>       -- Registered SIP 'sudhananda' at 172.16.2.35 port 5060 expires 900
>       -- Executing Dial("SIP/sudhananda-aa77", "SIP/jitha|20|tr") in new stack
>       -- Called jitha
>       -- SIP/jitha-f4bc is ringing
>       -- SIP/jitha-f4bc answered SIP/sudhananda-aa77
>       -- Attempting native bridge of SIP/sudhananda-aa77 and SIP/jitha-f4bc

I see no problems here yet.

> and one Kphone status is ringing and on other it is connected.
> how to solve this problem.

You might want to check the codecs in use.  Are they both on the local
network?

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.